Yoga Methodology Training with Carmen and Moises Aguilar
Practice Indie, Indianapolis, IN
- Themes, sub-themes and peak poses
- Correct structure of a yoga class
- Practical exercises and discussions
- Adjusting principles (how, when, to whom, when to and when not to)
- How to modify an adjustment based on the level of the student
- Hands on practice for tens of poses (hundreds if time permits:)
- The overarching goal of a yoga class
- Tools to connect with your audience
- Tools to help your students improve their practice
10:00am-11:30am: YOGA CLASS
Morning yoga class with Carmen to set the theme for the day
11:30am-1:00pm: SEQUENCING MODULE
Sequencing theory, covering themes and class structure.
Exercises and discussion on sequencing best practices by theme.
1:30pm-6:00pm: ADJUSTMENTS MODULE
Hands on adjustments for all the poses in the morning class. We will discuss adjusting principles, what students to engage, how to modify the adjustment depending on the student’s ability, timing, body position, engagement and delivery. We will continually switch partners to practice with different body types and learn about the differences.
Early Bird (before April 7th): $200
Carmen and Moises will be at Practice Indie the weekend of April 28th to the 30th, Friday to Sunday, teaching a full weekend workshop. Click here for information about the workshop.
How to register: practiceindie.com